More than twenty years after the Chernobyl nuclear disaster, Mini Hostel Kiev offers, in cooperation with Solo East Travel, an ecological and cheap Chernobyl tour to the power plant, the the ‘dead town’ of Pripyat, and to the ‘red forest’.
Bookings for a Chernobyl tour you can make while your check into our hostel or via this website if you are not staying in our hostel.
Guests of our hostel will get 20% discount for the night before and after the Chernobyl tour if you will book your tour with us and the beds in the hostel on our website.
Special offer till the end of March 2015: Book a Chernobyl Tour with us and stay for free in the Mini Hostel Kiev the night before the tour and the night after the tour. More information …
Visitors get to see the reactor, the ‘dead town’ of Pripyat, and the ‘red forest’ where pine trees turned reddish orange because of radiation.
You can book a private tour while you check-in or join one of the scheduled group tours.
Chernobyl Tours starting from USD 149 *
The prices include taxes, fees and charges, there are no hidden extras, what you see is what you get.
The Chernobyl tour starts usually at 8:30 a.m.
• The staff of Solo East Travel will meet you at the departure point, check passports, dress code, etc.
• Drive to Chernobyl and pass the Dytyatky checkpoint (on the border of the 30-km Exclusion Zone). You will see an informative and stunning documentary you’ll like during a 2-hour ride.
• Entry to the 30 km Exclusion Zone. Meet the leadership of the Chernobyl Interinform Agency.
• Arrival to Chernobyl. Introductory briefing on the Exclusion Zone administrative division and regulations, RAW disposal, etc.
• Sightseeing Chernobyl town: Wormwood Star memorial, St. Ilya Church, Memorial ‘To Those who Saved the World’, photo stop at the place with robots and vehicles used to clean the radioactive fallout.
• Entry to the 10 km Zone by passing the Leliv checkpoint.
• On the way to the Power Plant we will stop at the almost fully buried Kopachi village and check the kindergarten which we can still enter.
• Feed catfish and hide in the cooling channel around the Power Plant (if it is warm enough).
• Sightseeing Reactor #4 from a 300 m distance.
• Stop near the Red Forest.
• Sightseeing Pripyat town: Lenin Street, the palace of culture, Polissya hotel, supermarket; Ferris wheel, the stadium, school, swimming pool and the hospital.
• Lunch at the Power Plant canteen – all ingredients are brought from the outside and ecologically clean. A vegetarian meal is available upon request.
• Visiting Paryshiv village, meeting the self-settlers (people who chose to come back to their homes after the [evacuation (optional]).
• Important – Rossokha village (contaminated vehicles graveyard) – ACCESS FORBIDDEN BY THE GOVERNMENT SINCE APRIL 2008.
• Passage through the Dytyatki checkpoint. Compulsory radiation control.
• Return to Kiev around 6 p.m.
* all payments must be made in UAH only!
Book your Chernobyl Tour now